Vegan Cooking - Vegan Diet - Accept Vegan - Be Vegan
Veganism - Vegan Eating - Vegan Pregnancy - Vegan Cake
The Vegetarian Way
This little book is not so much about health as about morality. The author passionately urges us to recognize and accept that meat-eating is wrong; that killing animals for food is wrong; that animals deserve our consideration as living beings; that the raising of animals for slaughter is damaging to our environment, and consequently also morally wrong as we are stewards of our environment. Furthermore, the social cost of eating meat is high as our global resources are squandered by making wrong communal and personal choices about what we eat.
Social Statistics For A Diverse Society
Click on the Supplements tab above for further details on the different versions of SPSS programs.
In this Fifth Edition of their best-selling Social Statistics for a Diverse Society, Chava Frankfort-Nachmias and Anna Leon-Guerrero use straightforward, conversational prose and emphasize common sense as they demonstrate the link between the practice of statistics and important social issues. Social Statistics for a Diverse Society helps students learn key sociological concepts through real research examples related to the dynamic relationship between race, class, gender, and other social variables.
An emphasis on SPSS® for Windows (version 16.0) throughout the book, in conjunction with General Social Survey data, introduces one of the most commonly used analytical software packages in the field. Each chapter ends with a demonstration of a related SPSS procedure, along with a set of useful exercises to help students practice what they learn.
New and Retained Features
- New and updated real-world examples, drawn from a wide range of sources, including news stories, government reports, scholarly research, the National Opinion Research Center General Social Survey and the Monitoring the Future Survey, help students combine an understanding of statistics with an increased understanding of social issues
- Significant student-friendly reorganization of the text provides descriptive and inferential statistics in discrete units first, followed by coverage of data analysis
- Updated statistical applications in examples now include social issues beyond race and gender, such as class and mobility
- Reading the Research Literature sections in most chapters help students read and interpret statistical information in professional and scholarly publications
- Fully revitalized learning aids, including new end-of-chapter exercises, Learning Checks, and Statistics in Practice and A Closer Look boxes
- A new data set available on the Study Site applies to criminology and social work research issues
- Instructor Resources on CD feature a new test bank with a wide variety of test questions, PowerPoint slides for each chapter, illustrations from the book, and teaching tips.
- A Student study site contains interactive quizzes, e-flashcards, data sets, online research activities, SAGE journal articles and more.
Social Statistics for a Diverse Society, Fifth Edition is appropriate for use in Introduction to Statistics, Social Statistics, Research Methods and Data Analysis courses in all of the social sciences.
Vegetarian Nosh For Students
This is a new revision of the 2nd edition of Vegetarian Nosh for Students. This edition has a new layout, new photography and includes 30% more recipes than the first edition. Originally a sequel to Nosh for Students, a book inspired by the author's son, Ben, leaving for university, who was clueless in the kitchen. Toasted sandwiches and Mars Bars were his staple diet, but these didn't serve him too well! What was needed to encourage him to cook was an easily attainable taste of home, oh, and pictures with every recipe! Nosh for Students was born. Since then, Joy has helped over 150,000 students get cooking with her straightforward and simple approach. Joy helps to take the chore out of cooking, giving students a taste of success and making the experience so much fun. Voted Best Overall Winner of vegetarian student cookbooks by student-testers at The Vegetarian Society, August 2007. Vegetarian Society Approved.
The Lettuce Shop Articles
The Lettuce Shop Books