How To Become A Vegetarian Fast
Here’s how eradicate of meat from your diet the safely and without affecting your dietary requirements. What you should do to progress into a vegetarian diet:
1. Think about why you want to go vegetarian, some of the reasons could include moral or ethical reasons, health reasons, environmental reasons or a amalgamation of any of these.
2. You can investigate the topic - read everything you can on vegetarian nutrition and vegetarianism in general. There is an abundance of information on the internet and in books. If you need to tell parents or a guardian about your choice, make sure you have some concrete research to back you up, as some people are very dead set against to the idea of vegetarianism.
3. Obtain some vegetarian cookbooks and find some vegetarian recipes that interest you.
4. Browse around supermarkets, food stores and health food shops and see the variety of vegetarian food that is available.
5. Start by eradicating red (more fatty) meat. You can eat one last meal with beef, etc. in it and then stick to your promise to not eat red meat anymore.
6. Wait a week and eradicate pork from your diet, again repeating the 'one last meal.’
7. Wait two to three weeks and eradicate chicken from your diet.
8. After a month to two months, eradicate any fish products (crab, fish, shrimp, lobster.)
9. Be sure to replace plenty of cheese (rennet-less obviously), dairy, legumes, nuts, and soy into your diet to make sure you get sufficient protein. Experiment with tofu, hummus, and different kinds of cheeses (with or without rennet, depending on how committed you are to no meat). Also, many familiar foods such as peanut butter are crowded full of protein.
The Lettuce Shop Articles
The Lettuce Shop Books
The Lettuce Shop